Tuesday, September 25, 2007

No Bass Players Need Apply

My husband used to be in a band when I was in college. A group of people approached him one day, and told him that they wanted to help him and his band. It was a harmless offer but, something told me that they will create a load of problems. I started feeling this way when I observed that they had cut all of the bass players out of the pictures of bands they had hanging on their wall.

These people explained that bass players were worthless and no band needed them, when I asked them about this. Of course, I was stunned when they said this and wondered how they had come up with this stupid theory. At first I guessed that these people knew absolutely nothing about music. After all, people who have knowledge in music would never claim that bass players were not needed. Unfortunately, this wasn’t my only clue they were demented. These people also tried to convince my husband into insuring his hands, and one of their friends went on a rampage trying to break us apart. I felt like I had stumbled into some weird alternate universe when these people became involved in our lives.

They just wouldn’t waver in their belief that bass players were not needed, and it got more bizarre from then on out. There was a knock on my door one night at two in the morning. It turned out to be a male member of this ridiculous outfit standing at my door. He told me that there was an emergency and he needed to see my husband right away. We followed him half asleep and confused, down the hallway of our dorm apartment building. My husband told me that if this had anything to do with bass players, then he was going to punch him in the face.

This guy turned on his CD player and my husband’s band’s CD started to play when we got his apartment. My boyfriend and I looked at each other in confusion and I started to get really angry. The guy then pushed play on his VCR and a video recording of the same song played. It turned out that the emergency was that the song on the CD is slower than how they play it live. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I was unable to stop myself, and I asked him if was insane or just utterly stupid. My husband and I left angrily and went back to bed.

Fortunately, these people who believe that bass players were unnecessary were soon out of our lives. I didn’t have to worry about the fate of my husband’s bass player anymore. He must have been a target for their idiocy. I know that this was probably one of the most ridiculous things you had ever heard, but you have to consider that these people were really weird. Anyway, at least they helped me realize that some people just operate under a different set of rules altogether

Morgan Hamilton offers expert advice and great tips regarding all aspects concerning Bass Players. Visit our site for more helpful information about Sub Bass Monster Mp3 and other similar topics.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Morgan_Hamilton