Monday, September 24, 2007

My Favorite Australian Artists-Have You Heard of Them

I used to be a big fan of the 80’s hair bands when I was a teenager. I have no interest in them any longer so I can comfortably admit that fact. That scene was played out a long time ago as far as I am concerned. I am now happy that I am no longer one the many people that still listen to these bands.

At the present, I would rather listen to Lawrence Welk than listen to hair metal. I still like a few of these band’s songs, but I can rarely hear one these days. My taste in music has become more international in recent years. In fact, I have been listening to Australian artists in the lat few months.

I really like to listen to two Australian artists and they are all that I will put in my CD player. However, I often want to pound my head up against a brick wall these days because my husband watches VH1 a lot. It’s a good thing that he has remained normal after watching to all that stuff. I have to give him credit though because he is into a lot of new stuff. In my case, I just listen to my two favorite Australian artists when I get the chance.

Greg Page is one of the Australian artists that I like to listen to. In my opinion, he has the best voice of all the singers I’ve heard. I come as close to swooning as I would allow when I listen to him sing. However, he has recently retired from that endeavor because of health issues. I am always hoping that he will continue with his solo endeavors in the future.

A wonderful woman named Lisa Chappell is the other half of my favorite Australian artists. A lot of people have probably never heard of her before. I first saw her as an actress and I felt very sad when she left the show that she was on. Fortunately, I soon found out that she has put out her own CD.

I do like to put it in once in a while, even though I don’t listen to it as much as I listen to Greg Page. There are many days when I need to hear her mellow voice. It does not mean I don’t appreciate other music from other places just because both of my favorites right now are Australian artists. It’s just that I could not be happier where I am right now.

Morgan Hamilton offers expert advice and great tips regarding all aspects concerning Australian Artists. Visit our site for more helpful information about Australian Artists and other similar topics.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Morgan_Hamilton