Thursday, July 19, 2007

Chrysler New Yorker CD Player

Q. I have a 1994 Chrysler New Yorker that has a premium Infinity sound system. Well the unit went bad so I went to our local junk yard and purchased a 1998 Infinity CD unit for way too much $$. The unit plugs right in however the CD does not work, radio works fine, speakers and everything, but it's like the CD isn't even there.

Chrysler New Yorker CD Player

Well the one wire in the back of the new unit that I could not find a place for is suppose to go to the BCM unit, would this prevent the CD player from functioning? If so is there a work around or a connection on the 1994 BCM that will work?

Thanks,
Al
Cottage Grove, MN

A. I wish I could help you with this, but there are five different sound systems that went in that car. It might have helped if I knew what color the wire was and what kind of car it came out of.

http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl234g.htm